Since the Orchestra's inception in 1995 it has studied a wide range of repertoire including the Tchaikovsky Serenade, Britten Simple Symphony, Vaughan Williams Thomas Tallis Fantasia and the Dvorak Serenade, plus works by Mozart, Vivaldi, Grieg, Dag Wiren, Bridge and many more.
The Orchestra is organised to fit the players' needs whilst achieving the maximum enjoyment and benefit from working on the repertoire and meeting as an Orchestra.
- Every week there are sectional coaching sessions which take place before the full orchestra session. The weeks alternate between violins and violas/celli. See our timetables for details
- Upper strings (violins and violas) are coached by Rob Puzey
- Lower strings (celli and double bass) are coached by Nick Coote
Features of The Chamber Orchestra
- A friendly non-competitive environment in which each player's different starting point is respected
- No auditions - all are welcome
- Rehearsals are constructive where the aim is to improve and learn
- In-depth advice about string playing provided by the professional players who work with the Orchestra
- Five sectional rehearsals for each section per term.
- Tea and coffee available at regular breaks during the evening
- Concerts are informal and children are welcome at them
- Easily accessible rehearsal and concert venue in central London